About The Company
Established in 2003, the company provides Imaging, Edge AI and Cloud solutions that are helping global brands take their products to the next level in the age of Embedded Vision Data Systems. Working with their clients, the company accelerates the deployment of innovative imaging and cloud solutions in a wide range of verticals such as IoT, home automation, autonomous vehicles, drones, robotics, remote surveillance, and security. With offices in Canada, Ukraine and China, the company has perfected the engineering ecosystems that exist between initial product design, Edge and Cloud architecture and high-volume manufacturing.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the President you will be responsible for the coordination and overseeing of global sales and marketing operations. Your days will be spent supporting direct sales and global distributors by establishing sales objectives in each territory and seeking opportunities to meet annual targets. The balance of your time will be devoted to executing the corporate marketing plan.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Listen and understands customer/client needs and conveys then back to the organization to take appropriate action; Quickly follows up on customer/client concerns and deals with them in a professional and efficient manner; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Generates new ideas; Challenges existing assumptions; Goes beyond the status quo; Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches; Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements
• Create, challenge and nurture a high-performance sales network.
• Create, execute and measure the effectiveness of the corporate marketing plan.
• Achieve the revenue plan.
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to:
• Lead sales and marketing while continuing to establish deep relationships with existing customers
• Position the company for additional opportunities in iENSO’s market space.
• Participate in strategic planning to set revenue, profitability and operational goals.
• Implemented new performance and data driven global key accounts strategy, including defining the company value proposition,
• Establish Sales Operations that effectively interact with and integrate all internal stakeholder process for efficient growth and management
• Define, maintain & improve sales and marketing processes.
• Establish sales forecasts, manage channel expectations and measure performance.
• Marshal customer prospects through the customer funnel.
• Develop the iENSO “story” aimed at customers, investors, and staff (value proposition, product positioning and branding).
• Deliver sales collateral including product data sheets, application notes, white papers, website material and sales training.
• Create awareness via trade shows, webinars, tradeshows and public relations.
• Evolve relationships with media and industry analysts.
• Conduct market research.
• Channel customer requirements into the product roadmap.
• Take part in product development and drive product launches.
• Maximize current sales and pipeline, expand the breadth of related markets strategic to the company’s success.
• Develop plans and strategies for evangelizing and developing business to achieve the company’s revenue and profit objectives.
• Define and build the company’s sales infrastructure and selling model to execute the company’s sales plan.
• Develop a close working relationship with the management team to help evolve the sales strategy and customer relationships.
• Prepare timely reports and analytical metrics allowing the monitoring and appraisal of sales programs and efforts.
• Champion digital marketing strategy to ensure corporate brand is leveraged in all aspects of social media, an asset
• Drive the creation of online content to support digital initiatives and ensure customer engagement, an asset.
• Travel is required for in-person meetings to develop key relationships with customers and partners.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Business, or a related discipline.
• Minimum 5 to 10 years of progressive responsibility in sales and/or marketing of embedded systems and AI platforms.
• Persuasive communicator: able to transmit ideas and information that is clearly understood by others in formal and informal settings.
• Comfortable with operating independently without large company infrastructure, building the necessary processes and establishing the correct relationships to the key areas of the company.
• Manage the ongoing business and establish new business to grow the company north of $50M
• Contributor at the executive level both strategically and business processes as the company grows and requires change.
• Experience in managing an export sales territory or export distributors.
• Requisite knowledge of applicable international business cultures.
• Track record introducing successful products.
• Able to travel frequently.
• Results driven.
• Can be “hands-on” with the products.
• Experience in connected vision systems, companies that need embedded cameras, imaging processing and data connectivity capability in their products will be an advantage.
• Proven sales, sales management and operational management experience contributing to the success of a similar size business.
• Own and maintain the annual marketing plan and budget.
• Develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that results in substantial revenue growth for the organization and continues to build equity in the company’s brand.
• Remain abreast of competitive offerings, best practices, pricing and distribution strategies. Make recommendations to ensure positioning of existing technologies is optimized.
• Performing market analysis - research, market validation and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for existing and new products.
• Increased number of customer prospects and product applications.
• Increased customer conversion rate and sales bookings.
• Increased ROI on selling and marketing initiatives.
At IENSO, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.